Monday, January 6, 2014

Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days - Day 6 Ridge Line 6000 Feet

Since the weather is difficult enough, is six degrees right now, I decided to do something simpler today.

The painting is of the ridge line near Mt Mitchell which is the highest peak east of the Mississippi.  Surprisingly it's not that much colder there, minus one.   I live 3000 feet lower.   Up there the winds and the altitude stunt the trees.

This painting is the fastest yet, a bit over three hours with a hiatus for errands.

Tomorrow, weather permitting, I drive to Asheville for a medical appointment.  It's about one hundred miles round trip so I doubt that I will paint.

I admire those of you who can do more than one painting a day,  maybe I'll get there yet. 


Ridge Line at 6000 feet
6 x 6 Oil on Gessoed Paper
   
 

 





1 comment:

  1. You have definitely captured the essence of the trees up at Mt. Mitchell! I am guessing you weren't actually up there painting, otherwise you must be an icicle...enjoy the challenge!

    ReplyDelete