Saturday, January 25, 2014

Day Twenty Five - Clear and Blue

After a lengthy medical screening yesterday, I set about to do a landscape as quickly as possible.  Wasn't the fastest time ever, but it wasn't incredibly long.

I tried to keep the island the focus while making the overall painting more colorful than usual, still the center still needs more color.  Not sure how to do that and keep the rest of the painting from looking washed out.  Or the center from looking like a summer garden.

This is the only panel with an oil primed surface.  I was having trouble getting a bright enough color earlier this month, using only gesso, but I seem to have figured out how without the oil primer.  It makes for a smoother surface.

Clear and Blue
5 x 7 Oil on Gessoed Panel.




I keep looking out the window at the sky late this afternoon, very windy and changeable.  Maybe a painting there tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment