Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day Nineteen of Leslie Saeta's Thirty Day Challenge - Winter's Tale

Today I tried to do a simple fast painting.  I couldn't.

I read or heard that starting with broad flat swaths of color was a good way to begin this kind of painting.  So that's how I started.  Sometime later when confronted by a painting that really wanted to be an abstract, I realized the the flat swaths totally lost the form.  So I tried to get that into the painting.

Wow or maybe Good Grief!

I wanted to do this scene because the snow on the ground as seen through the trees interests me. 

Also showing cloud shadow is difficult, and something to work on.




Tomorrow is day twenty!  I have been looking at three or four artists each night, as I post.  Getting to see lots of different work.  Sometimes I see work of an artist whose blog I've visited before and seeing new work is great.


No comments:

Post a Comment