Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day Sixteen - Painting Rocks

In the past my rocks have looked like lumpy potatoes.  Since I decided to work on parts of the landscape that give me trouble as part of this challenge, rocks are part of the exercise.  I have avoided doing this painting as long as possible. Today was the day. 

I wished I had a photo of fewer rocks.

There are also water ripples and dappled shadows on the rocks from the sunlight passing through the ripples.   The ripples are passable, but when it came to the dappled shadows I definitely need fewer rocks.  Maybe one.

This painting took a long time today. But I am glad that I did it, the rocks are less potatoey ( take that Dan Quayle)  and the colors better than in previous paintings.



See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment