Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A Very Long Hiatus

Never thought in March that so much time would elapse before the next posting.  Two trips to my old home town, Princeton, with added excursions to Philadelphia and the Jersey shore which I had not seen since Hurricane Sandy.  The devastation was much more considerable than what I witnessed in Florida as noted in my previous post.

I'm back in the Blue Ridge, plein air painting which I abandoned a year ago due to medical problems.  Today we were at the Green Toe Ground, an organic farm which started at a CSA and now sells at farmers' markets and supplies restaurants.




Lettuce Fields
Oil  5" x  7"

                                The fields have the bright glowing green of early summer.   







     The Green Toe Ground gets its unusual name from the Toe River which flows next to this field.




                                It's hatchery stocked with trout and its purity is taken seriously.






 .Plein air painting resumes on Saturday at the Farmer's Market  

No comments:

Post a Comment