Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Now for Something Entirely Different

Blog mavens have told me to stick to one media per blog, but this isn't going to happen today.   Once a year I go to the Penland School of Crafts in the Blue Ridge Mountains to make glass beads.  This takes place in the flameworking studio where rods of various colored glass are melted and manipulated.  

Later I'll work these into earrings and necklaces with sterling silver findings.




Sets of beads destined for jewelry



Laurel at her station


2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, you made the beads?? I thought those were already necklaces and was going to tell you how nice they looked, but then I saw you actually made the beads! Awesome, Laurel...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started working in this studio in 2008, very sporadically. I became acquainted with it through my daughter, Simone, who ran this studio and the hot glass shop which makes much larger work. I'll be here on Community Day, February 28th, if you want to come play here and the other Penland studios.

    ReplyDelete